Greek Life and Our Organization
Be sure to do your research on the characteristics and history of the NPHC. Figure out your reasons for wanting to be in a sorority, and keep an open mind. Being a member of a sorority is not just about the colors, stepping, and the call. It is about uplifting yourself and the community. A lot of people do not realize how much Greeks actually do, within the community and on the college campus! You are building a bond of lifelong friendships and experiences that will be with you forever. Greek life is what YOU make of it. It can be a wonderful experience, so give it some thought.
We are seeking to extend our sisterhood to leaders who are academically talented and who are interested in making a positive impact on the community in the company of driven, intelligent, distinguished women.
What are we looking for in a member?
- Well Rounded
- Show sincerity, honesty, and respect for the organization
- Have a sense of self-identity and confidence
- Have the ability to be a trendsetter
- Be sure your time management skills are up to the test
- Have completed at least one semester of college
- Be enrolled as a full time student
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Be actively involved in the community
How should you express interest?
Get to know the members who are in the sorority and allow them the chance to get to know you by attending their events and being attentive to their actions on campus. If you see us on the yard, speak and say hello. You can feel free to introduce yourself or email us for more information. Be yourself and let us know that you would like additional information on the sorority. It is okay to let us know that you are interested.
*Sigma Gamma Rho is a NON-HAZING organization*